Summaries of surface meteorological measurements at Melbourne Airport (Australia), from 1990-01-01 to 2015-08-09
2017-12-21T22:37:06Z (GMT) by
Surface weather data recorded at the Melbourne Airport observing site (Australia), from 1990-01-01 to 2015-08-09
This site is operated by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. Site details are as follows;
Lat: -37.67, Lon: 144.83, Height above sea level: 113.4 m
Bureau of Meteorology station ID: 086282
- Date: the local calendar date across which variables are summarised
- WS_DailyMean: daily mean wind speed (units = km/h)
- WD_DailyMean: direction of the daily mean (U,V) wind vector (units = degrees clockwise from north)
- PR_DailySum: total precipitation from midnight to midnight (units = mm)
- TM_DailyMean: daily mean temperature (units = degrees celcius)
- RH_DailyMean: daily mean relative humidity (units = percentage)
- U_DailyMean: mean daily east-west wind component (units = km/h)
- V_DailyMean: mean daily north-south wind component (units = km/h)
- WS_Midday: wind speed at midday (units = km/h)
- WD_Midday: wind direction at midday (units = degrees clockwise from north)
- TM_Midday: temperature at midday (units = degrees celcius)
- RH_Midday: relative humidity at midday (units = percentage)
- U_Midday: east-west wind component at midday (units = km/h)
- V_Midday: north-south wind component at midday (units = km/h)
- TS: The code "TS" (denoting thunderstorm) appeared in the METAR/SPECI records at some point in this day. These are based on meteorological observer reports from this site.
1) These data are based on half-hourly summaries supplied by the Bureau of Meteorology.
2) When midday values were not available, the snapshot values were taken from the nearest time-point.
3) When preparing these summaries, the timing of midday and boundaries of each day were based on local time.
Data quality issues:
1) Precipitation was not available in this record before 1999-03-02.
2) The METAR/SPECI fields were not archived consistently prior to 1999-03-01.
The original data can be obtained from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology through their Climate Data services. See www.bom.gov.au for further information
Processed by Jeremy Silver, University of Melbourne, firstname.lastname@example.org (2017-12-20)